- "Intense focus on talented staff with special skills and specialist trades."
- "Strong focus on training and further education for all staff - from apprentices to top managers."
- "Focus on cultural and behavioural changes - making sure staff understand and appreciate each other's work."
- "Accomplished performance and growth in a difficult offshore market."
- "The vision to establish itself in an entirely new business area - wind turbine installation and service."
For these achievements, the judges have chosen Scanel International A/S as the overall winner of the 2016 Vækst og Vilje business award.
"We are very pleased and very proud to receive this honour," said CEO Claus Søgaard Poulsen after the award was presented during a special ceremony in Frederikshavn. "This is a testament to the way all 260 members of staff work together. The staff play a vital role in modernising the company. Thanks to each individual member of staff, Scanel continues to develop and to grow dynamically."
Shared goals are important for growth, the CEO says. "We are very open about financial results. That way, everybody knows if we are on target and knows where we are going. Turnover has doubled since 2013. In 2016, we developed new business areas and established new sites in Denmark, England and Poland. We are on target to develop even more, including on the German market, in 2017."
The annual Vækst og Vilje [literally: 'Growth and Resolve'] award is presented to a company, business leader or organisation that has made an extraordinary contribution to business development in the Frederikshavn region. 17 candidates were nominated for this year's honour. It is judged and awarded by Frederikshavn Business Council, part of the 450-member Chamber of Commerce organisation for the wider Frederikshavn region in Northern Jutland, Denmark.
At the same ceremony, Frederikshavn Business Council also announced the winner of its 2016 Entrepreneur of the Year award. Congratulations to winner Jesper Winter of Skagen Fiskerestaurant, Skagen Bjesk and Skagen Seaside.
Seen in the picture: Scanel CEO Claus Søgaard Poulsen and co-owner Ole Thue Hansen accepted the Vækst og Vilje business award on behalf of the company. Photo by Wizion, courtesy of Erhvervshus Nord.